|NicoBarning T&C |
|Training and Consultancy in Development Cooperation|
||Nico M. Barning
|Date of birth
|Place of birth
||The Hague, The Netherlands
||D. Wierengastraat 72, 9969PE Westernieland, The Netherlands
||+31 6 51 77 55 93
An international professional with strong intercultural communication skills at all levels.
25 years professional experience (in long-term and short-term assignments), working for governmental and non-governmental organizations in Europe, Asia, French and English speaking Africa and Central America.
Functions: Trainer/Facilitator, International consultant, Program/project-, and Unit-manager, Researcher Social Sciences
· Organizational Capacity Building and Institutional Development (Project Cycle Management, Logical Framework Analysis, Organizational Capacity Assessments and Evaluations);
· Facilitation of international and intercultural workshops on organizational processes and change, using participatory methods;
· Social research (qualitative and quantitative methods) and Monitoring and Evaluation;
· Programme/project formulation.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, HIV/AIDS prevention and impact reduction (training and program formulation);
· Rural and agricultural development and management of natural resources;
1983 B.Sc. Tropical Soil Science and Rural Development, Deventer Agricultural College for the Tropics
1991 M.Sc. Knowledge Management and Social Change, Wageningen University,
2001 Groningen University, KTwee, Post graduate Project Management
SHORT OVERVIEW EMPLOYMENT RECORD
2012 Project Director International Projects at the Hanze Centre for Development Cooperation (Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen), coordinator and lecturer at Minor Intyernational Aid and Development
2010 From January on, Free-lance consultant/trainer/specialist in Organizational Capacity Building, Program Formulation/ Management/ Evaluations/ M&E protocols.
Specialized in HIV/AIDS prevention and impact reduction, Educational Programmes, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Rural and Agricultural development and Management of Natural Resources (Westernieland, The Netherlands)
2006 – 2009 Free-lance trainer/specialist Program Management Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and HIV/AIDS prevention and impact reduction (Bamako, Mali)
2005 – 2006 Senior consultant Youth Incentives, International Cooperation on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
2001 – 2005 Manager business unit ‘data warehousing and business intelligence’, Atos Origin (Groningen, The Netherlands)
1998 – 2001 Project manager SNV (Niamey, Niger)
1992 – 1997 Social sciences researcher, farming systems, DGIS, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Guatemala)
1986 – 1989 Extension expert SNV, (Kaya/Barsalogho, Burkina Faso)
1983 – 1985 Member of the board of the AGROMISA Foundation (Wageningen, The Netherlands)